Greetings from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Namibia- ELCIN
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
Re: The Covie-19 pandemic and Namibia
The evangelical Lutheran Church in Namibia (ELCIN) is in solidarity of prayers and meditations with all Christian brothers and sisters locally and internationally in combating the global pandemic of Covid-19. Namibia is also affected. However, we thank God that so far only 16 Covid-19 cases have been officially, noted in Namibia. Eight people of the sixteen have been discharged and other eight under medical supervision and observation. We believe these eight people, too, will be released soon. In the face of this pandemic, ELCIN remains vigilant and recommends all her members to adhere to the set up health regulations. When necessary, ELCIN is also prepared to be robust.
You might have heard what ELCIN has decided to do. But this is to officially inform all partners that due Covid-19, ELCIN resolved to put aside some of the major events which were planned for the year 2020, among others:
- Ordination of new pastors scheduled in June 2020, has been postponed until further notice.
- 150 years Mission Festival scheduled in early July 2020, has been postponed to unnamed date in 2021.
- All Pastors’ Conference scheduled in August 2020, has been postponed to 23 – 26 November 2020.
- ELCIN further resolved to minimize and discourage congested gatherings at worship services and at all other church related coming together such as baptisms, weddings, memorials and funerals.
- All members are encouraged to hold worship services at home (Mt 18: 19 – 20). Above all, all church members and Christians in general are admonished to keep the spirit of constant prayer and surrendering the whole pandemonium situation to God, for God to intervene, (Ps 46: 1; John 17:11)